Recent Posts

Market wrap

We had a lovely time at the Mothers Market - it's such a stylish but cruisey market. Lots of cake and beautiful things to buy, all washed down with plenty of Cuvee. My kind of market!
I worked with my good friend Jo - who is not only an amazing chef, but she just loves cake as much as I do - a rare talent. We made six flavours: an old fashioned chocolate (really cakie - the type of cake you ate as a kid - Nigella would be "nostalgically drawn to this solid offering") with vanilla (with real vanilla beans) or chocolate buttercream; lemon;
Vietnamese coffee, above; vanilla vanilla (with more vanilla beans); and the most amazing super rich chocolate made with ground almonds and finished with a chocolate ganache, sigh, I can't stop dreaming about that one! We sold nearly all of them - with just enough left over for husbands and children.
I think I spent most of my profits on the day - brooches from Harriet and Verna & Hilda, gorgeous cards from gorgeous Catherine. And this most beautiful apron from Cherish by Bek Burrows. Beautiful soft linen with the most generous cut. Incredible stitching that I've never seen before. Amazing detail. It feels like a big linen hug when I wear it.

So many talented women here in Tasmania. It was wonderful to be involved. I look forward to the next one....

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, cupcakes -YUMMYYY!!! I am not surprised they sold so well. They look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lemon one was AMAZING Michelle! Lemon is my all time favourite so I will have to get that recipe from you. I had a great time too and it was lovely to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad to hear about this market! i'll be moving to launceston in two years or so and was thinking i'd have to fly back to melbourne to get my crafty market fix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those cupcakes look so lovely. The markets sound wonderful and I am so happy to read of your happiness..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my, oh my! what a spendid smorgasbord of yumminess....I'm not surprised the cupcakes sold like hotcakes :)
    That linen apron looks very special - a great investment of your profits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I might have that cake loving talent too...;) XXxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely time. The Vietnamese coffee cupcakes sounds SO yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was lovely to meet you and hope to see you at the MM again sometime. Dora x

    ReplyDelete