Recent Posts

I wandered lonely as a cloud*...


A trip to Coads daffodil farm yesterday. Located in a gorgeous hidden green valley that I never knew existed. There were hundreds of gorgeous daffodils and tulips in full bloom.
And a room with dozens of varieties displayed if you want to order bulbs. I went the easy option and ordered 100 mixed bulbs to be delivered in March. That's a lot of holes to dig.
But if it eventually means a field of flowers like this each spring,
it will be worth it.
* apologies to Mr Wordsworth, but I couldn't think of a better title...

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh, a hundred mixed bulbs. Sounds wonderful. I love tulips, they were my wedding flower. I wouldn't be game to try growing something like that, not to mention I am sure the Gold Coast sun would not agree with them. Please share pics and let us know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to see a field of gold and green!

    (...and yes that is a lot of holes to dig - but worth it!)

    I am having a little giveaway on my blog, love you to join in, best, Edwina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! The photos remind me a bit of the tulip fields in Washington state, which are famous locally for their beautiful acres of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so lovely, where is this hidden green valley? Mind you every valley is green at the moment and I love that alone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that looks like heaven on earth. The colours...ahhh spring is just perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete