Recent Posts

Myrtle spurtle


A very special Mothers Market this weekend. We had two stalls. Not only did we bake our cupcakes but we also provided food for the kitchen. Phew! Exhausting, but I loved it. The best part? Using ingredients from my garden to include in the menu. The last of the pumpkins roasted. Relish made from those tomatoes. Parsley for salads.

We used all local, organic ingredients :: beetroot, greens, celeriac, potatoes, parsnips. And it's always a good sign when we sell out of everything. We now have cake regulars who come prepared with their own boxes and buy up big. "I'll have three of each please." Totally chuffed about that.

Growing your own produce. Making it into something delicious. Then selling it. And hearing the word delicious. Amazing feeling. Couldn't be happier. For all my hard work I treated myself to one of these. Not only a great name, but very useful and extremely good looking. Every kitchen should have one.

14 comments:

  1. All of that looks superb! I wish I was in Tasmania for the event. I am going to search through your recipes right now!! Hope you have a restful evening. Meagan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely ready to move to Tasmania now. Cakes and spurtles. I love me a beautiful spurtle. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum yum yum, that looks soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous. Where was the market? And is there to be another one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh it all looks so good Michelle, I only did the quickest in and out on saturday (I was in need of a baby present for my step sister!) and didn't get the chance to see the food. It looks wonderful, I put an application in for the next market so I hope you will be back again then : )
    Oh and the spurtle, so lovely, looks perfect for muddling mojito's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sound like a great day Michelle. Loved the look of the food. Bless the cooks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That just looks.... amazing.

    I don't know what I am more jealous of... your garden, your cooking or your location!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone needs a spurtle I think. Especially a Tasmanian made one. We should all go and buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to meet you Michelle - the brownies were delicious - they didn't last the evening! Hope you had fun and a well deserved break yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can almost smell the delicious aromas wafting across the Tasman Michelle! Great job. Love the Spurtle.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum yum yum yum yum yum yum...

    Everything looks wonderful. Congratulations on selling out, must be such a fantastic feeling. Especially as you have been there from garden to table with most of the food.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michelle, please stop teasing us with these beautiful photos until you can figure out how to start posting them over the ocean. Looks like a tiring week-end

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too much building going on here last weekend (between downpours), had to feed the troops scones instead of cupcakes as I din't make it out...what a shame it all looks very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What wonderful photos. Your food looks delicious and I wish I still lived in Hobart! x

    ReplyDelete