Recent Posts

Eye Spy - my front door...

I'm playing along with Cindy's weekly Eye Spy game and this week's great theme is by Karin.

We don't use the front door much, even guests tend to come to the back door, shooing chickens out of the way as they approach. But I do have a thing for front doors. I love brightly painted old, four panel doors. Saying that, ours looks a bit dull and boring. I'm not overly fond of the colour scheme of our exterior and look forward to painting it one day. That's when we can paint our door something bright, like red, or green or blue. Actually, looking at this photo maybe I'll just do it soon anyway, it's screaming out to be painted, even if it will clash with our putty coloured house. Head over to Cindy's to see some more front doors.

12 comments:

  1. I did read somewhere that red is a very good color for your front door as it brings luck or fortune, one of those, anyway neither can be bad can it. I love the tin with the flowes in it too, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous idea - I'm loving all these front doors :) K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I think bright red would be a lovely idea!

    I really like the story about your visitors having to shoo the chickens out of the way. I really see it before me. It sounds like a lot of fun. I think chickens are so cute and make a home really.. homey (is that a word? ;-))

    One day I would love to live on a farm. With chickens indeed. And a goat. A really stubborn goat. One day... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to paint one of our doors red one day and the house a greek island blue!!! bring on the color....the door will look fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love looking at all these gorgeous front doors and love the hello there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a lovely entrance but coloured doors are always quite stunning. I've always been quite partial to those old four panel doors in a glossy black particularly with sandstone. But red is pretty cool too : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a deep red door--almost wine-colored--could be very nice indeed with your putty-colored house. Even unpainted, your front door looks pretty and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously LOVE the olive oil (?) tin for a flower pot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, my parents have a purple front door on their 1820's house and I think it looks fab!

    I hope you are all well.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house sound lovely. I'm just packing my bags now, ok? You won't even notice me. I'll use your gorgeous front door and I'll only take up a little bit of room. I'll even feed the chickens. Just got to grab my tooth brush...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes - no one use the front door here. Learnt that when one of our neighbour popped over with a giant zuchinni gift at the back door! Since then, we have painted our back door "Red"! Wait till you see it, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tin flowerpot idea. Am on the lookout for an extra large tin now! Thanks! Meagan.

    ReplyDelete