Recent Posts

Winter on the farm



Remember a while back I mentioned an exciting project I'd been working on?  It's finally out and it's totally lovely. A cookbook called Winter on the Farm.  It's such an amazing feeling to see a project that you've worked on appear in a real, live, actual book.  It's like there's a little bit of me in this book.  There's photos of all the cakes and biscuits and soups, pies, tarts and risotto that I cooked.  There's jam jars and spoons and cake plates from my very own cupboard.  And there's even a recipe credited to me.  That I'm quietly chuffed about. Yay me!

But what I love most about this book is the beautiful photographs that Alan Benson has taken of the valley throughout this book.  He's perfectly captured the chilling grey beauty of winter in my home. The fog, the frost, the mud, the cold and those wonderful bare winter trees.  But Matthew's food makes you feel so warm and cosy, wrapped up inside it's the perfect foil for these chilly winter days.

For me,  this book really is heartwarming food in the truest sense.  And if you want to read more about our valley, then you must read Steve's beautiful words here.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, its a beautiful book and it must have been great being part of it and thankyou for the link btw.
    Oh and our valley has just been crowned 'Best Region' in the 2011 Delicious Produce Awards! Dave Moyle of Peppermint Bay also won Best use of Regional food by a chef. He is alos nominated for Gourmet Travellers Best regional restaurant and Luke Burgess for best new talent and best new restaurant-great for Tas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Michelle! :) The book looks wonderful. I will, no doubt, get a copy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was only looking at that book in the bookshop yesterday. It's beautiful, but as I'm still working my way through his first book I had to leave it behind.

    Your blog is lovely: the naturally dyed wools, the rolled fruit cookies, the kids' bedroom. I used to have the same Ikea striped curtains, took me back. Must considered vintage by Ikea standards now! They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How bloody exciting!! I must get myself a copy. It looks and sounds just beautiful - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! i must keep an eye out. Your wintry descriptions remind me very much of our little valley, but in NSW. Is there anything more cozy that warm food and being enveloped in fog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...this is cool!!! You can now say your PUBLISHED!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how lovely, this looks like a great cook book. I fell in love with the TV series ('The Gourmet Farmer') when it was on. The recipes and photographs look heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful,congratulations. Cooking is all I want to do in the cold,this book looks like a must.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like totally Rad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many congratulations Michelle! What a wonderful accomplishment. It looks beautiful indeed. Can't wait to have a closer look.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I'm so pleased to see a cook book about winter AND Tasmania! (I'm also a little bit chuffed to see my word verification is 'dishe')

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow michelle...that is truly fabulous! i'm so excited for you.. yay for you and yay for the valley :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just saw a review of this, and after watching the Gourmet Farmer series, I'm drooling at the thought of all those wonderful recipes. And as a side note, I'm glad someone in Australia is enjoying a decent winter...I don't know what it is we're having here in Perth, but winter it is not, not even a Perth winter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Michelle, it looks like a beautiful book. How lovely to be part of something you can feel so proud about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The book is gorgeous & well done you! Isn't it wonderful to see Tasmania's winter celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog is gorgeous, content and pictures. Just beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! How exciting this must be for you. I can't wait to get a hold of a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, it must be so lovely to see the project in its finished form! Haven't checked it out yet, but I will have too soon. So exciting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Michelle, you must be so excited. I have been reading about this book. What an amazing project to be involved in:)

    I can't wait to get my hands on it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's such a beautiful book, and the photography is truly stunning. Well done Michelle.

    ReplyDelete