Recent Posts

Raspberry and white chocolate bundt cake


Hello! Happy New Year to you!

We've been spending long lazy days around here scoffing our faces with cherries, peaches and raspberries.  And quite rightly too, it's the least we can do to support our local farmers, right? 

But sometimes the kitchen calls and it's time to bake a cake. I've been falling in love with bundt cakes recently. I love their shape, they're easy to serve plus let's face it, they look magnificent without too much faffing once they're out of the tin.  My favourite tins are from the * Nordic Ware range, incredibly solid (so solid, you'll be passing them on to your grandkids) with lovely vintage shapes. 

Most cake recipes can be adapted to fit into a bundt tin although they do have a tendency to dry out, so I prefer recipes that are on the moist side, with a rich batter laden with lots of yoghurt or buttermilk. 

This one makes good use of the raspberries in the garden, and the 2 litres of creme fraiche I made that's lurking in the fridge. Although you can easily swap it for thick Greek style yoghurt or sour cream.


Raspberry and White Chocolate Bundt Cake 

225g softened unsalted butter
200g sugar 
2 tsp vanilla

250g plain flour 
60g ground almonds 
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda 
1/2 tsp salt 

3 large eggs
240g creme fraiche, yoghurt or sour cream
85 g of white chocolate chips, chopped into small pieces if large
250g raspberries 

Icing sugar for dusting 

Preheat oven to 180 C

Grease and flour a 9 cup bundt tin.

In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, vanilla and sugar on a high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes.

Meanwhile, sift dry ingredients into a large bowl and using a whisk, stir to combine.

Add the eggs, one at time beating for 20 seconds after each one to combine.

Gradually add the dry ingredients in three batches, alternating with the creme fraiche and mix on high for 20 seconds, scrape down the sides to ensure thoroughly mixed.

Fold in the white chocolate chips and raspberries.

Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and smooth the top.

Bake 55 - 65 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the centre.

Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.

I like a dusting of icing sugar over the top to show off the pretty shapes. You can serve with thick cream and fresh raspberries if you like but it's perfectly good on its own.




* I thought I'd mention that Williams and Sonoma sent me some bakeware to try, and this is one of the resulting recipes. All thoughts and opinions are my own.




7 comments:

  1. As always your cooking looks gorgeous Michelle. I do not own a bundt tin...I might have to investigate this further! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! I think every baker needs a bundt tin! x

      Delete
  2. Ohmygoodness. This looks and sounds like the absolute bees knees. Big fan of white chocolate and raspberries over here! Happy New Year to you Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a delicious combination isn't it!? HNY to you Naomi x

      Delete
  3. This looks wonderful, I'm going to give it a try as I have a tin but not quite as beautiful as this one. Although I just can't help laughing when I say the word 'bundt'... it always reminds me from that scene in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a weird word isn't it? For such a beautiful looking cake!

      Delete
  4. The cake looks wonderful. I am sure that my family will enjoy it. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete