Recent Posts

Product of the Huon



Hi it's me!  Oh gosh! Totally gone AWOL there. Sorry about that. What a hectic start to the year it's been.

You know, I miss writing here, I really do. Sometimes, when I go about my day, words and stories are swirling around in my head just crying out to be written down here. But I've been working, a lot. Which is great because they are fantastic fun projects with great people.  And while working full time takes the pressure off financially, it leaves little time for creativity, writing and gardening, and I miss that. It's a dilemma isn't it? How to balance work with creativity.  How do you manage it?

Two things I wanted to tell you about, firstly about a fantastic campaign our local council have launched to celebrate the people, produce and places of the Huon Valley called, well,  The Huon.  I was thrilled to be invited to part of the campaign and you can see the gorgeous short film they made below.

Check it out...




And the second thing is that I'm heading to the Tamar Valley Writers Festival this weekend. It's an incredible program with some truly inspiring writers. I'm feeling nervously excited!

I'll be on two panels, one with Peter Cundall, and one with Tino Carnevale.  That's a life goal unlocked right there.

Next week, I am going to try and write more here, stories about the plums, and apples, the cakes and Rayburn, because that's what I like.  See you then! x

Above photo of me by the very clever Nick Osborne who made the short film.




15 comments:

  1. Sign me up! I want to be a product of the Huon Valley too!!! Gosh, will I ever to Tassie!!! I better start buying more lotto tickets :)

    And, where is your dress from? I feel like it's the most comfortable dress ever!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need to buy a lotto ticket ;) Chances are, if you sold your house here, you'd be able to buy a house outright there or end up with a very small mortgage!

      Our Tassie plan is back in action, we've given ourselves 4 to 5 years and we will then *hopefully* be in a position to sell here and buy outright there! Early 40's and mortgage free!

      Start planning Reannon!

      Delete
    2. You'll get here one day Reannon! I'm sure. I'm wearing a skirt and top by a favourite Tassie designer, Oyster and Pearl, lovely stuff! xx

      Delete
  2. Very happy to see you back. I'm nervous about this 'The Huon' project because I already really, really want to move there. I can't afford to crack right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josie! You really should move, we're waiting for you! x

      Delete
  3. So good to see you back Michelle, just look at you and your gorgeous kitchen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can't wait to check out the Huon Valley! We have booked the boat for mid September and will have our new camper trailer in tow for lots of adventures. This will be our second trip to Tassie and we'll be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fabulous trip Joolz! Huon Valley perfect for campers! xx

      Delete
  5. Great photo ~ have it framed, so in years to come your children will look upon it with fond memories...I have many flashbacks of my Mum cooking. Sounds like exciting times ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really is lovely advice Jenny, thank you xx

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to reading more of your writing, your words have been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this campaign - I know I say it all the time, but we really are lucky ducks to live where we live, aren't we? x

    ReplyDelete